Look what made its way on our table Saturday morning~
Luscious, sweet, crispy on the outside & delicate on the inside……french toast perfection!
We had such a busy day planned but I wanted to take a few minutes to make a good breakfast for my girl and enjoy the early morning with her. This was the perfect breakfast because it was SO EASY!
Here is the cast of characters:
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon of 2% milk
- dash of Penzey’s Pumpkin Pie Spice (cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, ginger, mace & cloves)
- Cinnamon Raisin Brioche Bread
- Butter (I just got the new Land O’ Lakes with olive oil & sea salt – SO GOOD)
Whisk the eggs, milk & pumpkin pie spice
Dab some butter in a pan on medium heat
Then just dip your bread on each side and shake off excess and put it in the pan
Brown it on each side for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat
After you take it out of the pan~ dust it with powdered sugar and make it even more cute with a stencil or cut-out
Syrup is optional because it is perfectly sweet enough 🙂
My girl LOVED the heart!
These were so good that leftovers were even fabulous 2 days later!
What a week! I started a new workout this week called BeatBurn Elliptical and while it literally beat me~ it also made me feel GREAT! I love that it changes your workouts daily and has great music that really helps you move it move it! They also have workouts for the treadmill & indoor bike…..check it out!
Let’s dive into some FoodGawker favs~
Favorite dip: Monster Cookie Dough Dip All I need is this bowl and a spoon!
Favorite Light Bite: Summer Zucchini Bites What a fabulous healthy poppable bite! Great for outdoor cocktail parties!
Favorite Summer Cocktail: Blackberry Lemon Gin Fizz This is SUMMER IN A GLASS! Cheers:)
Favorite meal in a flash: Open-Faced Chicken Caprese Sanwiches This is the perfect weeknight meal that will have you out of the kitchen and enjoying this awesomeness in 15 minutes!
Favorite over the border twist: Mexican Corn Cakes with Shredded Pork This would be a fun idea for a family game night or theme night by setting out a toppings bar!
Favorite hot stuff: Homemade Spicy Garlic Buffalo Sauce I have been having an affair with buffalo sauce lately and making it myself really excites me!
Favorite savory: Korean-Style Grilled Skirt Steak There is a special marriage that steak and soy sauce have….it just makes mouths happy!
Favorite cutesy: Pomegranate Ice Cubes What an amazing idea!
Favorite Spread: Compound Butters (Lemon-Mint & Red Scallion-Honey) You can’t even imagine how much flavor these types of butters add to ANYTHING!
I am soooooo excited! We are T-1 day until my baby girls 5th birthday and I am 98% excited and 2 % sad or maybe that is 98% sad and 2% excited…seriously I am excited for her!
This is too cute not to share even though she would not find it amusing in the least….LOOK at those legs
Now I have to get ready for her to start Kindergarten in the Fall….sniff sniff
OK- I can’t talk about this anymore….I’m all teary
Let’s talk about this amazing ROCK YOUR WORLD Remoulade!
I made it to accompany the grilled artichokes for dinner ~ it is so good that I can’t even believe we didn’t scarf it all down before the artichokes were done….it took some willpower….actually won’t power!
Here is the cast of characters:
- 1/2 cup Hellmans (any other mayo won’t do and anything with “whip” in the name will get you arrested)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire
- 1 dash of hot pepper sauce (more if you want it a little spicy)
- 1 squirt of lemon juice (real lemon juice is best unless you didn’t have one- don’t be like me)
- 1 anchovy (this is a super secret ingredient that MAKES this….please – I promise on all that is holy- you will love it~ don’t leave it out!
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 green onions sliced in half and minced…reserve some of green tops for decoration
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- small pinch of salt (mayo is salty and anchovy is salty so be careful- you can add but you can’t take it out)
- 2 grinds of pepper
Throw all in a bowl and whisk together ~ cover and let come together for 2 hours at least so all the flavors can fall in love and get married AND THEY WILL
I know they may look daunting but this is what the anchovies look like when you open the can..all curled up and pretty- remove one from the can and you can use the caper in the middle or not- whatever floats your boat!
Place in on the cutting board and chop up and then with the back of your knife- run over it to make it into a paste…it is really soft and this will be really easy-
Once you have refrigerated it for a couple of hours- it is going to leave a permanent smile on your face!
Have a fantastic Thursday!