I am soooooo excited! We are T-1 day until my baby girls 5th birthday and I am 98% excited and 2 % sad or maybe that is 98% sad and 2% excited…seriously I am excited for her!
This is too cute not to share even though she would not find it amusing in the least….LOOK at those legs
Now I have to get ready for her to start Kindergarten in the Fall….sniff sniff
OK- I can’t talk about this anymore….I’m all teary
Let’s talk about this amazing ROCK YOUR WORLD Remoulade!
I made it to accompany the grilled artichokes for dinner ~ it is so good that I can’t even believe we didn’t scarf it all down before the artichokes were done….it took some willpower….actually won’t power!
Here is the cast of characters:
- 1/2 cup Hellmans (any other mayo won’t do and anything with “whip” in the name will get you arrested)
- 1 tablespoon spicy brown mustard
- 2 dashes of Worcestershire
- 1 dash of hot pepper sauce (more if you want it a little spicy)
- 1 squirt of lemon juice (real lemon juice is best unless you didn’t have one- don’t be like me)
- 1 anchovy (this is a super secret ingredient that MAKES this….please – I promise on all that is holy- you will love it~ don’t leave it out!
- 1/4 cup shallot, finely minced
- 1 garlic clove, finely minced
- 2 green onions sliced in half and minced…reserve some of green tops for decoration
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika
- small pinch of salt (mayo is salty and anchovy is salty so be careful- you can add but you can’t take it out)
- 2 grinds of pepper
Throw all in a bowl and whisk together ~ cover and let come together for 2 hours at least so all the flavors can fall in love and get married AND THEY WILL
I know they may look daunting but this is what the anchovies look like when you open the can..all curled up and pretty- remove one from the can and you can use the caper in the middle or not- whatever floats your boat!
Place in on the cutting board and chop up and then with the back of your knife- run over it to make it into a paste…it is really soft and this will be really easy-
Once you have refrigerated it for a couple of hours- it is going to leave a permanent smile on your face!
Have a fantastic Thursday!